Sunday: Date Day in DC. PERFECT weather.
Monday: In the 70's, just where I like it best. I was thrilled to pull out the crocs and capris for work (yes, crocs, don't judge me. I think they're ugly, too, but in a pet care facility, they are the best friend of a sock-hater like me!)
Tuesday: My car read 85 when I was out and about doing errands. WHAT? Well, the temperature went up instead of down, and brought the Maryland humidity with it....so I will still say spring even if it was a summery day...
Wednesday: Record-breaking high of 90! Yeah, spring teased us and brought in summer.And I totally wore a skort to work. I'm a granny. Some storms are a'coming, though to drop us back into the 60's...
Anyway, you get the idea. I'm Thrilled! Enjoy some favorite things with me:
- Spring/Summer Quilt: I saw this beauty for $40 in a TJMaxx when I was 20 or 21. Even when I was a kid, I had an obsession with bed linens. No idea why. That was right before Easter. I went home and asked my mom (I was a broke student) if I could have the quilt for Easter instead of the normal basket gifts. To this day, I am still in love with it (I am now 27)! I love pulling it out as a statement that my favorite weather is finally here!
- Pseudo-Gardening: I have the blackest thumb ever, and I am a huge believer in "you get what you pay for." Regardless, I am unusually optimistic that these $1 herb and tomato planters I got from Target may magically grow on my apartment patio. Send good thoughts this way!
- New Journal: I decided to grab a notebook of sorts to jot down blog-related notes as needed. I was with a friend at Ross when I came across a pile of Christian journals. One by one, I dug through them. The cover was nice but the pages were purple. I liked the pages but not the verse on the cover. I was about to give up and leave when I saw the one on the very bottom. Not only did I approve of the colors, the verse on the cover was the same one we used on the bookmarks we gave out at our wedding!
- Flowering Trees: I LOVE driving through Crofton in the spring Flowering trees in pink and white abound, one after the other. So beautiful! This is one of my favorite nature sights year-round, and they are practically in my back yard. All the beauty with none of the crowds to see the cherry blossoms in DC.
- The Kind Diet: A Simple Guide to Feeling Great, Losing Weight, and Saving the Planet: See the book above that I am enjoying with my lunch? I just started it after hearing about it on a vegetarian forum, and again, I am in LOVE. I have gone through many a vegetarian/vegan book since making the switch and end up returning them to the library having only skimmed a few pages. They are dull, preachy, or clinical. This one, by Clueless star Alicia Silverstone is nothing like them. She is relatable and conversational, all while giving you the basic info you need to make your own decision. I am truly ENJOYING reading this.
Thanks to Coastal Charm and Be Different, Act Normal for featuring this post!