Do I have one? Sure. It's in my head. Just like many of my mental notes-to-self, I only remember a few at a time, but it's there. Sadly, life has repressed a lot of it.
Ah, the joys of adulthood. Time is precious, and I haven't had enough until recently. Honestly, being unemployed at the moment has it's downfalls, but it also has its perks.
Before now, I can't tell you the last time I had a Saturday to myself. Many commitments and desires were pushed aside to make a living. Granted, it was a living I enjoyed, but the lack of personal time was a regular stressor.
As I've been job hunting, I've definitely been counting my blessings. It's nice to have time again to do the little things like visit with friends and do some extra cleaning in the apartment. I've even realized that some of those things on my list are finally taking place. They may be trivial, but they are something, and I am thankful:
- Learn to can: It should be no surprise that my crunchy self has wanted to learn to can for awhile. I took one friend up on her offer last week and learned to can peaches. mmmm. I have 12 (well, now 8) pints to show for it!
And this weekend, another friend is showing me how to can pasta sauce! Yay!
|2 of those 4 already missing peach jars may or may not have gone into this yummy dump cake...|
- Shoot a gun. Whoa there! How did we get from crunchy Bekah to violent Bekah? I'm weird, I know. I've always wanted to try just to say I did it. Sean and I are good friends with a couple from the Midwest who grew up with firearms as a norm (they just love the Maryland legislation!). When the husband told his wife she needed to take me shooting to relieve my stress, I said YES! YES YOU DO! So, that is finally in the works! I will update when it happens and you can laugh at me then.
Lots of other things are on the list. Some aren't immediate, but I can dream:
- Visit Ireland
- Visit every Disney Park
- Eliminate all debt
- Buy a house
- Get a dog
- Learn archery (there's that violent Bekah again)
- Meet blog friends
- Go on a cruise
- Travel, well, everywhere!
- Grow my Arbonne business - promote to the next level by the end of this year
- Perform in a play again...oh how I miss theatre!
I'm sure there are many more that I will remember along the way. I just hope things don't stay on the back burner nearly as long in the future.