After nearly two months of talking, our second date ended successfully with a chaste kiss.
As it turns out, neither of us are the "date around" type. The awkward, obligatory, DTR talk (define-the-relationship) was quick to ensue as a result.
Him: So, uh, I was wondering if things were official between us?
Me: If you want them to be...
Him: Do you want them to be?
Just like teenagers. It's a good thing we don't date around because we certainly wouldn't have gotten far.
|Our first Navy football game together - Sept. 2005|
Anyhow, the relationship was defined with February 23 as the official start date. Now the real fun could start:
- Coordinating my retail management job with his 9-5 (just like my most recent job, eesh!)
- Driving over the OLD Woodrow Wilson bridge, turning what should be an hour commute into two or more. (DC people know all about this!)
- Wondering how we would see each other on the weekends the bridge was closed for construction (praise the Lord, they built a new one that has reduced my desire to rip my hair out!)
- Meeting his dad and getting the sex talk after only two months of dating (awkward!)
- Spending entire days at his volleyball tournaments just to be together.
|When he met my mom. Our first ever picture together!|
You all know how the story ends, but come back next week to see how we got there in the series wrap-up!