Recently, my friend Chelsee was kind enough to nominate me for the Sunshine Award. When I published the post, one of the comments took me by surprise:
"I nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award! :)"
The what award now? And do I know you?
I was pleased when I visited the commenter, Kaitlin's blog to read all about it. I'd only come across her blog recently, but clearly re•solve had left an impression on her, and it was one I was proud of.
Sure, I always get a little surge of happiness when someone in blog land tags me for a liebster or other chain, but let's be honest: you're almost always nominated by someone in your blog "clique." You've come to like the person as much, if not more, than the blog itself.
This one, however, was a bit difference. Not only was I nominated by someone who was likely more familiar with my content than she was me, but the award itself stands for something I strive for and I was pleased that it had been recognized:
"This award is given to you by your fellow bloggers for having quality material such as good quality photos and uniqueness of subjects covered. The award is to honor the bloggers who bring something special into your life!"
Onto the fun chain-esque side of the award. Here's the fine print:
The rules for this award are as follows:
Display the Award Certificate on your blog.
Announce your win and thank the blogger who nominated you.
Present 15 deserving bloggers with the award.
Link your nominees in the post and let them know of their nomination with a comment.
Post 7 interesting things about yourself.
I nominate these bloggers:
I'm going to take a genius cue from Holly who was also a Sunshine Award recipent!
I want to get to know all of my readers (especially you lurkers who read and stay silent)!
So, I'm inviting everyone to participate in a more simplistic fashion; leave a comment with a random fact about yourself below!
Interesting facts about me:
- I started making my own laundry detergent at least a year ago. My laundry and personal care products are all DIY and/or safe, but I've yet to switch my dish detergent! That may have to be next year's re•solve.
- My husband and I often (unintentionally) dress alike when going somewhere together - usually church.
- I always get excited when meeting another vegetarian - but I secretly get annoyed if they start talking about how good fake meat is. I just don't get the fake meat thing.
- I used to love purple - too much. I detest it to the point that I won't touch anything purple. Here in Maryland, it makes the Ravens fans sad.
- I am obsessed with Margherita pizza and pretty much anything of the Caprese variety.
- I used to avoid falafel because I had an awful boss who loved it. I finally tried it this year, and it's my new favorite (hopefully it doesn't turn me into an awful boss one day!)
- I'm glad this is my last fact. I always think of fun facts on the random but forget what they are by the time I need to provide them. Also I'm glad because 7 is a favorite number of mine - and my man's is 8!