I'm linking up with the lovely Brianna today. It's not too late for you to join in; hopefully you find this prompt is easy!
It's November, so of course, we're listing 10 things we are thankful for.
This song from my days in the BSU gospel choir popped right into my head:
Anyway, onto the list:
10. I am so grateful for this season of unemployment. It may seem odd, but I was able to do and enjoy so many things I couldn't have were I at work. From visiting Ben in his last days to knocking some items off my bucket list, I'm not sorry at all.
9. Arbonne. I am grateful for safe products that I love as well as the income opportunity and the amazing people I have met and get to work with through this venture.
8. A little getaway. It's no secret that this summer wasn't the kindest. From surgery to jury duty to job loss, the closest thing we had to a vacation was the one night away for Sean's birthday. But, this Thanksgiving, we will be enjoying the beach with Sean's other woman, and I can't wait!
7. Blogging. I remember the times before re•solve when I swore writing was for me but blogging was not. I also remember how I avoided making new female friends because so many girls can be downright mean or unapproachable. I've been blogging almost a year now and have discovered a whole new (and pleasant!) female social network in the process.
6. Friends. I have such fun and loyal friends who are great to be around and who are so unconditional. I'm certainly not the same person I was even a year ago, but I don't feel like any of our relationships have changed. They are as supportive as ever.
5. Family. Duh! They rock. Plus, In-laws that I get along with!
4. Sean/marriage. He's legitimately my best friend and all the crap life has thrown at me has been more tolerable knowing we have each other.
3. Our church. It's crazy to realize we've been at Grace for 5 years now. We're no longer the new kids. We were blessed to find such a great church so quickly.
2. Cameras/photos. Seriously, how cool is it that we have such easy access to preserve all kinds of memories? I have blogging to thank for being more diligent about it, but as I recently organized my photo files, it hit me how great it is that we can do so.
1. Jesus/Salvation. I know where Ben is. I know it's so much better than here. And I know that one day we will join him and our Savior despite the fact that we are completely undeserving of such a privilege.