- I have someone to spoil with gifts! I love being so close to someone that I know him better than I know myself and then being able to pick out the perfect gifts and surprise him with them!
- I always have someone around who can reach the top of the tree. Or other high places to put up decorations.
- Christmas movies are always more fun when cuddling with your hubby.
- I have almost twice the ornaments on my tree. We both brought ornaments from our childhood onto our new tree. Also, a lot of our ornaments were left over from our wedding. In fact, if I wasn't married, my tree would be very sad looking!
- I get to spend Christmas with 2 families. Twice the food. Twice the presents. Twice the traditions. And twice the love!
- I have someone else to drive when the roads are bad. Driving in the snow scares me, but my fearless husband takes care of that!
- We take turns walking the dog in the miserable weather. I HATE taking the dog outside with snow on the ground. The hubby really does it more than I do...
- I have a built in Christmas Card stuff-er and sticker-er. We have a system: I write the addresses, he stuffs and puts the return address labels on.
- Driving partner for long trips home. We live 10 hours from both of our families. I am sure glad I don't have to make that trip alone!
- And last, but not least: I get to do all my favorite holiday things with the man I love.
Hi readers of re•solve! I'm Charlene. I blog over at From Bisons to Buckeyes and Beyond! I blog about life as a 'newlywed' (I've been married for over a year. Am I still a newlywed?). My husband and I graduated from Harding University (mascot = Bisons) and now my hubby is in grad school at The Ohio State University (mascot = Buckeyes). Hence the title "From Bisons to Buckeyes and Beyond." I am so thankful to Bekah for allowing me to guest post today!
Categories: guest post
You may also like: