Even though we don't celebrate Valentine's Day, I love entering all the contests! It's a fun chance to meditate on the positive things about Sean and our relationship, plus...I like to win!
While this year's contests I've entered have an easy "share your love story" theme, last year I won a contest by sharing why I love Sean. Again, it was a great time of reflection. It was also a reminder and realization not to forget the details - it was so sad to see other entries from people who'd been together for years who couldn't name specifics beyond "he is nice, he loves me, etc."
So, this is my exercise in not forgetting. Sean deserves appreciation for his awesomeness. And even though this year I didn't have the opportunity to list his qualities in a contest, Brianna has an awesome monthly link up that does the job...so, here are the ten things I love about Sean (#7-10 being the exact entries I wrote for the contest I won last year!)
6. He is adorable with animals and kids alike. Watching him interact with either species always brings a smile to my face.
5. He hasn't gone crazy with all the changes I've made in my life. I mean, going vegetarian was a quick and drastic decision. Not only did he take it in stride, he even tried it to an extent with me (we consider him a flexitarian now)
4. We can still laugh together. We've only been married 3 and a half years...but we're coming up on nine together. Yet we still have fun and laugh a lot at a time where many couples are just roommates.
3. He takes risks with me. I was without a job for several months. I finally got an offer but I wasn't 100% about it. We talked through it and he agreed I should say no and keep waiting for the right opportunity even though we really needed the income.
2. He loves me. I know, I said it's a boring and generic statement earlier in this post, but here's the thing - I've met people he works with for the first time and the first thing they tell me is "he loves you!" Wow. That says a lot. A lot of men vent about their wives or don't talk about them at all when they're at work or away from home...clearly whatever he's said from day to day left quite the impression. It's good to know.
1. He loves the Lord. We have and will fail one another. But we serve the same God and sharing that faith only strengthens our bond.