What happens to the products we review after we review them? Do we really mean the things we say? Does the product last? How great is this stuff, really?
A lot of this can be attributed to personal preference, but I'm a fan of telling it like it is, so I thought I'd share a "where are they now?" of my current product review lineup:
- Woolzies Dryer Balls - I adored these and used them until they died. I actually did laundry at my mother in law's house to save money since the apartment laundry was pricy. She used and loved them, too.
- Majestical Jewelry - They sent me earrings which I absolutely hated. I didn't shy away from saying this in my blog post. However, this was a personal preference issue. They let me pick a piece of jewelry that was more my style and I had a giveaway for the earrings. I liked the bracelet I got and wear it in the summer since it's nautical.
- Surpahs Scales - The kitchen scale is in the kitchen. I don't need it often but I'm so glad it's there when I need it. As cute as the bathroom scale is, it's too small for my big feet and it will be sold or donated next time we have a yard sale.
- Glasstic Water Bottle - This truly has become my favorite water bottle. When we moved, I washed the plastic outer shell in the bottom rack of the dishwasher and it warped a bit (my fault). I was devastated and reached out to Glasstic for help, hoping I could get a replacement for the outer shell (I know they sell replacements for the glass). Their service was fantastic. They actually sent me two new water bottles for the trouble, which was incredibly generous. I use both, and I have a new third one that I will be giving away this month.
- Amara Organics Vitamin C Serum - liked it, but likely wouldn't buy it as it runs out so quickly. They welcomed my feedback regarding this and I hope they've taken it into consideration.
- Green Tea Matcha - I threw some in my protein shakes for a few weeks and then I was just over it. I think I threw the rest of the bag away when we moved.
- Red Buffalo Trading - I still use the purse she sent me. It was even pictured in my recent eshakti post. Furthermore, I had her make my throw pillow covers (which I bought) when we bought our house!
- Rumiano Organic Cheese - It's cheese. It's delicious. I ate it all.
- Elite Lavender Essential Oil - Still have it, still use it. It's a pretty large bottle that will last awhile. I love EOs in general and more reviews will be on the blog soon!
- Old Factory Candles - Burned two of the three and gave away the third as I didn't like the scent.
- Expandable Hose - Sean thinks it's the best thing ever. I didn't get to use it as thoroughly as he did and now it's winter, so we'll see how I like it still in the spring.
- Eco Nuts - Hallelujah! They sent me dryer balls which I love as much as I love my Woolzies. They are in my dryer right now and I again plan to use them until they die. They also sent me their unique laundry soap which was a fun novelty, but I don't know that I'd buy it (the balls, I absolutely would! no more dryer sheets ever!). (2/6/15 update: laundry has been super static-y this week. Maybe it's the extreme cold temps, but I'm going to say I like the Woolzies balls a bit better than these)
- Kiss Instawave Curling Iron - I hated this and had no qualms about saying so. I also mentioned that it would likely be better for someone with thicker hair. This is another yard sale product.
- Ozeri 3x Tower Fan - It's in my living room right now! Anise knocked it over one day and so it's a little wobbly at the base, but that's no the manufacturer's fault. We use it whenever needed.
- Axiology Vegan Lipstick - It's in my purse! I'm still in love with it.
- Firmoo Sunglasses - Sean uses them pretty much daily.
- Red Brick Candles - I loved the company and the candle, but not the strength of the scent. I did a giveaway with this and the company very generously reached out to me offering to send me another scent to keep for myself (I'm waiting on them to expand their selection since they're new and only have 3 released scents right now).
- Oleavine Konjac Facial Sponge - I used this twice daily for about a week before the review was written. Now I use it roughly every other day.
- RAREFORM Upcycled Bags - I thought this was really cool and the bag was sturdy. I would have kept it, but the colors just weren't me. I did a giveaway with this.
- Jamberry Nails - I think these are so fun, and I'm a little more addicted than I thought I'd be. I'll probably buy more wraps in the future. and the giveaway with this was very successful.
- Eshakti - My first dress was a fail, which I mentioned, but the customer service and second dress were a win. It just needs to warm up so I can wear it. I recently ordered a second dress that I did pay for, and will be happy to share when it arrives!
- EZWipers Windshield Wipers - The review was more for the company than the actual wipers. They sent me the cheapest wipers available which I didn't think was cool, but new wipers are better than no wipers (they are in fact on my car and working fine for now), and I do like the convenience of the site. Another successful giveaway.
- Sari Foods Nutritional Yeast - I didn't find a use for the stuff that I enjoyed, but I still have about a third of the bag left and bloggers are sending me other ideas to try, so I haven't given up hope yet. It's one of those foods I want to like because I know it's so beneficial, regardless of brand. We'll see.
I'd love to hear feedback from other bloggers on the same! Do you still like the products you've received? Use them? Did you love something only to think "meh" a month later?